Gaia Sky is a real-time, 3D, astronomy visualisation software.
- Free and open source – The application is free and open source and will stay this way. You can even contribute to the development or the translations.
- From Gaia to the cosmos – Move freely through the cosmos and descend to the surface of any Planet or do a close-up inspection of Gaia. All movement and transitions are seamless!
- Gaia – Observe Gaia in its orbit and discover its movement in the sky and its attitude.
- 3D ready – With 4 stereoscopic modes: Anaglyphic (red-cyan), VR headset, 3DTV, cross-eye.
- Planetarium projection mode – Ready to produce videos for full dome systems.
- Use your own data – Comes with HYG and TGAS. Supports VOTable, FITS, CSV and all formats accepted by STIL.
- Navigate the galaxy – Support for controllers and gamepads makes navigating the Galaxy a piece of cake.
- Record and play your camera paths – Ready to record and play camera paths off-the-shelf.
- Scriptable and extensible – Use Python to script and extend the capabilities of the Gaia Sky.
- Internationalised – Translated so far to English, German, Spanish and Catalan.