Yoshimi is a software audio synthesizer, originally forked from ZynAddSubFX.
- Three separate engines each with distinctive characteristics, can be used together or individually
- Sixteen engine kits for the ultimate in multi-layering of engines, or for synthesized drum kits
- Vector Control manage up to four independent sounds on any channel with faders or an X/Y midi joystick
- Channel/Key aftertouch support (experimental/developing) control filter q/cutoff, pitch bend, modulation and channel volume with aftertouch
- Solo step through up to 16 sounds seamlessly while playing in real time (including vector sounds)
- Microtonal Tuning
- Scala-compatible scales and keymaps
- Extensive Midi-Learn capture almost all internal controls and many switches with ordinary 7-bit values, or NRPNs, or even 7-bit NRPNs, then edit the responses
- Command Line Access headless operation and high accessibility, for those with sight- or motor control issues
- Rich variations of tone and timbre
- Yoshimi provides the means to ensure no two notes are ever identical – just like in the real world.