Free open source plain-text file markdown note taking with Nextcloud / ownCloud integration.
- All notes are stored as plain-text markdown files on your computer, no “vendor lock-in”.
- Use Nextcloud, ownCloud or other services to work with your notes online or sync them across devices.
- Heavily customizable and scriptable, you are in control of on how you want to work with your notes.
- You can use your existing text or markdown files, no need for an import most of the times
- Evernote import
- Compatible with the Notes application of Nextcloud / ownCloud and mobile and Nextcloud Text
- Support for sharing notes on your ownCloud / Nextcloud server
- Manage your Nextcloud / ownCloud todo lists (Nextcloud tasks or Tasks Plus / Calendar Plus) or use another CalDAV server to sync your tasks to
- Older versions of your notes can be restored from your Nextcloud / ownCloud server
- Trashed notes can be restored from your Nextcloud / ownCloud server
- External changes of note files are watched (notes or note list are reloaded)
- Support for hierarchical note tagging and note subfolders
- Optional encryption of notes (AES-256 is built in or you can use custom encryption methods like Keybase.io(opens new window) (encryption-keybase.qml (opens new window)) or PGP (encryption-pgp.qml
- (opens new window)))
- The notes folder can be freely chosen (multiple note folders can be used)
- Sub-string searching of notes is possible and search results are highlighted in the notes
- Browser extension to add notes from the selected text, make screenshots or manage your bookmarks
- Spellchecking support
- Portable mode for carrying QOwnNotes around on USB sticks
- Scripting support and an online script repository
- (opens new window) where you can install scripts inside the application
- Vim mode