Mixxx DJ Software
Mixxx integrates the tools DJs need to perform creative live mixes with digital music files. Whether you are a new DJ with just a laptop or an experienced turntablist, Mixxx can support your style and techniques of mixing.
Drop a song onto a deck in Mixxx to start playing right away. Keep your eye on beats and cue points with a scratchable, scrolling waveform together with a whole-song overview waveform for quick seeking.
- Pitch and Key Control: Change the tempo of songs without changing their pitch with keylock, or change the pitch without breaking sync so your songs play in harmony. Temporarily nudge the tempo faster or slower for manual beatmatching, with smooth changes in pitch just like vinyl.
- Beat Looping: Need to extend your mix while you bring in the next track? Instantly loop a 4, 8, or 16 beat segment with ease.
- Master Sync: Engage master sync on your decks and they’ll stay locked in time even if you change speed. Construct remixes on the fly with multiple tracks and loops without losing control.
- Hotcues: Set hotcues to mark places in tracks. Remix and mash up tracks with accurate, rapid-fire hotcue triggering.
- Beat Rolls and Censor: Play with rhythm by triggering short loops and reverse-playback effects. The track stays in time so you don’t miss a beat.
- Quantization: Mark and activate cue points and loops exactly on beat every time.
- Broad Format Support: Compatible with music files in lossless FLAC, WAV, and AIFF formats as well as lossy MP3, M4A/AAC, Ogg Vorbis, and Opus formats.
- EQ and Crossfader Control: Choose between multiple equalizers and isolators with adjustable shelves. Crossfader curve control lets you deliver quick cuts or long, smooth crossfades.
Load up to 64 sampler decks full of sounds to layer over your mix.
Link up to three effects in a chain for a unique twist on your mix. Fine tune your sound by tweaking each parameter individually. Customize your workflow by assigning different parameters to adjust with the effect’s metaknob. Focus different effects from a controller for flexible control of effect chains, whether your controller has a full effects section or a single knob.
Customizable DJ Hardware Support
Mixxx plays nice with a variety of hardware without artificial restrictions or exclusive vendor lock-ins. Use whatever gear you want to build your unique setup.
MIDI and HID Controller Support
- Included Presets: for controllers such as the Pioneer DDJ-SB2, Numark Mixtrack Pro 3, Allen & Heath Xone K2, Hercules DJ Console Series, and many more. Full list of supported devices
Free Timecode Vinyl Control
Control your digital music files from turntables or CDJs and a mixer using timecoded vinyl or CDs. Grab the music as if it was pressed onto wax and scratch to your heart’s content. Mixxx is the only free timecode vinyl control software for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Crates and Playlists: Sort your music the way you want. Use playlists to plan your set and use crates to build your own categorization system.
- Search & Sort: Start typing to find the track you’re thinking of, or narrow your search to a specific tag. Sort the library table hierarchically with multiple tags at a time.
- iTunes and Traktor Library Integration: Drop fresh tracks from your iTunes or Traktor library right into your mix.
- MusicBrainz Tag Lookup: Fingerprint your tracks and fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz.