A Community-led Hyper-Hackable Text Editor, built on Electron, and based on everything we love about our favorite editors.
- Community developed, led and focused
- Pulsar is being made by a community who came together from the stellar remnants of Atom. A community that wants to build upon the huge legacy that was left and make a uniquely hackable editor.
- To continue and build upon the legacy of the Atom text editor which is being/has been sunset.
- This means not only supporting the editor itself but also the package repository with its thousands of community contributions.
- Update core technologies to bring the editor up to date.
- Core technologies such as Node.js, Electron etc., keeping them up to date so new features and libraries can be used and added without hacky workarounds.
- Emphasize the elements that make the editor great to really make Pulsar stand out from the crowd, not only for ex-Atom users but for everyone.