Elisa is a music player developed by the KDE community that strives to be simple and nice to use. We also recognize that we need a flexible product to account for the different workflows and use-cases of our users. We focus on a very good integration with the Plasma desktop of the KDE community without compromising the support for other platforms (other Linux desktop environments, Windows and Android). We are creating a reliable product that is a joy to use and respects our users privacy. As such, we will prefer to support online services where users are in control of their data.
Elisa is still in heavy development and aims to implement the following goals:
- Easy to setup (ideally, one would not setup anything before being able to use it);
- Fully usable offline (or in privacy mode);
- Open to leverage online services but not a development priority (the experience should not be degraded when you are offline);
- Focused on satisfying users’ goals;
- Focused on music player (managing your music collection is not a development priority). This means that it is not a direct fulfilment for people needing that. This seems that a dedicated application would be more appropriate;
- As bug-free as possible (meaning stability has higher priority than feature development);
- Targets Linux Plasma Workspace, other Linux desktop environments, Android and Windows;
- Able to leverage UPnP DLNA.