This application is a basic image editor, similar to Microsoft Paint, but aiming at the GNOME desktop.
PNG, JPEG and BMP files are supported.
Besides GNOME, some more traditional design layouts are available too, as well as an elementaryOS layout. It should also be compatible with Purism’s Librem 5 phone.
- Pencil (options: dashes, blur, eraser, …)
- Line (options: arrow, dashes, blur, gradient, …)
- Arc (options: arrow, dashes, …)
- Insert text (options: font, shadow, font size, …)
- Shape (rectangle/circle/oval/polygon/free shape, options: filling, …)
- Color picker
- Paint (options: remove a color, …)
These tools allow you to define an area (rectangle or free), which you can move, cut, copy, paste, edit with canvas tools, export, open as a new image, etc.
- Rectangle selection
- Free shape selection
- Adjacent color selection
Canvas/selection edition tools
These tools allow to edit the whole image, or to edit a selected part of it.
- Crop (remark: the previewed picture isn’t at the actual scale)
- Scale (options: keep proportions or not)
- Rotate (rotate or flip)
- Filters (blur, increase or decrease saturation, invert colors, pixelate)