soundKonverter is a frontend to various audio converters.
- Convert audio files between many formats
- Change sample rate and sample size during conversion
- Apply effects like normalize during conversion
- Convert the audio stream from video files to audio files
- Convert multiple files at once
- Calculate Replay Gain for many formats
- Replay Gain tool for calculating and removing Replay Gain tags
- Calculate Replay Gain for multiple files or file stets at once
- Conversion and Replay Gain calculation is very scalable, the conversion of 10000 files or more is not a problem
- Copy tags and covers when converting files (note: for ogg/METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE, flac and asf/wma files, taglib 1.7 or higher is needed)
- Rip multiple audio CDs at once
- Retrieve audio CD information from CDDB and MusicBrainz
- Easy to use, just choose a file format and a quality level
- Detailed control, if you want to choose the conversion settings in more detail, simply switch to the “detailed” tab
- Manage your preferred conversion options with profiles
- Contextual help, e.g. if you don’t know what the speex format is, just click on the “info” button next to it. Or if you want to add a file that isn’t supported, soundKonverter will tell you how to enable the format if possible.
- Possibility to configure which backend shall be used for which codec – or let soundKonverter optimize that for you. Every time you install or remove backends soundKonverter will suggest optimizations if possible.
- Possibility to integrate soundKonverter in other applications or scripts by using its command line interface
- Data recovery in case of a crash