MusicBrainz Picard is a cross-platform (Linux, macOS, Windows) audio tagging application. It is the official MusicBrainz tagger.
Picard supports the majority of audio file formats, is capable of using audio fingerprints (AcoustIDs), performing CD lookups and disc ID submissions, and it has excellent Unicode support. Additionally, there are several plugins available that extend Picard’s features.
When tagging files, Picard uses an album-oriented approach. This approach allows it to utilize the MusicBrainz data as effectively as possible and correctly tag your music.
- Multiple formats: Picard supports all popular music formats, including MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV, and more.
- AcoustID: Picard uses AcoustID audio fingerprints, allowing files to be identified by the actual music, even if they have no metadata.
- Comprehensive database: Picard uses the open and community-maintained MusicBrainz database to provide accurate information about millions of music releases.
- CD lookups: Picard can lookup entire music CDs with a click.
- Plugin support: If you need a particular feature, you can choose from a selection of available plugins or write your own.
- Scripting: A flexible and powerful, yet easy to learn, scripting language allows you to exactly specify how your music files will be named and how the tags will look like.
- Cover Art: Picard can find and download the correct cover art for your albums.