(What Am I Trading?)
Since Ferdi is about managing multiple chat messengers, and many of these collect user's data or want their attention (ads), then Ferdi indirectly promotes trades. However, one can use Ferdi without logging into these data and attention grabbing messengers, but using those that are trade-free, such as Mastodon or NextCloud Talk.
Ferdi is a messaging browser that allows you to combine your favorite messaging services into one application.
- All your messaging services in one place. One Slack application, one WhatsApp application, keeping your Webmailer open in the browser? Ferdi brings all your messaging services into one app.
- Based on one of the most popular messaging browsers. Ferdi is based on Franz – a messaging browser already used by thousands of people. Due to this, Ferdi is compatible with all Franz recipes and your existing Franz account.
- No restrictions. Ferdi doesn’t restrict its usage. Use every service you want, as many times as you want and how you want.
- Password Lock. Protect your messages by using Password Lock. Password Lock allows you to lock your messages using a password.
- No login required. With Ferdi you can choose between logging in to your Ferdi account to sync your services between devices or using Ferdi without an account so your data doesn’t get send to external servers.
- Custom Servers. Don’t want to trust third-parties to store your information? With Ferdi, you can set up your own Server – minimal hardware and knowledge required.
- Service Hibernation. By default, Ferdi will keep your services loaded in the background – this can use a lot of resources. If you want to, you can enable service hibernation in Ferdi’s settings. This will automatically unload unused services to keep your computer running fast.
- Ferdi Todos. Always keep an eye on your Todo list with Ferdi Todos. Already use another Todo service like Todoist? Simply change the Todo Server in Ferdi’s settings.
- Quick Switch. You have a lot of services that you quickly want to navigate? Simply press CMD/CTRL + P to open Quick Switch and search for your service.
- Private Notification. Want to be notified about new messages but don’t want to reveal their content? Enable Private Notifications to protect your message information.
- Keep individual Workspaces loaded. Ferdi allows you to keep individual Workspaces loaded at all times – so you can continue where you last left.
- Scheduled Do-not-Disturb. Define a timeframe, in which Ferdi shouldn’t notify you about new notifications.
- Dark Mode. Protect your eyes and switch Ferdi to Dark Mode at night. This also works on all your services thanks to DarkReader.
- Desktop Notifications. Ferdi uses your System’s existing notification system to notify you about new messages.
- Build-in support for over 70 services. Other services can be added via the “Custom Website” service.
- Speaks your language. Ferdi speaks many languages from all around the world.
- Cloud sync. Keep your services and workspaces in sync between all your computers with cloud sync.
- Workspaces. Keep your work, personal and hobby separated using workspaces.
- Control notifications and audio. Ferdi allows you to control what your services should and shouldn’t do. Disable notifications and audio on a service-to-service base.
- Unlimited accounts. Ferdi keeps your service sessions separated. This way, you can use as many accounts in a service as you want.
- Proxy support. Tell Ferdi to use a Proxy on a per-service basis.
- Cross-platform. Being build on ElectronJS, Ferdi is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux.