Catfish is a handy file searching tool for linux and unix. The interface is intentionally lightweight and simple, using only GTK+3. You can
configure it to your needs by using several command line options.
Some of the main features of Catfish are:
- Search for files anywhere on your system, including the mounted partitions
- Search inside the files (including PDFs) for their contents (which can be enabled from preferences)
- Search within compressed files (.zip, .odt and .docx). This can be enabled from preferences.
- Search hidden files as well
- Fulltext now searches UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16 BE/LE, and UTF-3 BE/LE
- Refine your search based on modification time
- Refine your search based on file type (images, videos, documents etc)
- Refine your search based on location (Documents, Downloads, Pictures or other folders)
- Exclude certain directories and paths from your search
- Lightweight and simple interface