Since SongRec uses the Shazam servers, the company behind Shazam may collect data about you.
SongRec is an open-source Shazam client for Linux, written in Rust.
- Recognize audio from an arbitrary audio file.
- Recognize audio from the microphone.
- Usage from both GUI and command line (for the file recognition part).
- Provide an history of the recognized songs on the GUI, exportable to CSV.
- Continuous song detection from the microphone, with the ability to choose your input device.
- Ability to recognize songs from your speakers rather than your microphone (on compatible PulseAudio setups).
- Generate a lure from a song that, when played, will fool Shazam into thinking that it is the concerned song.